Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wednesday April 1st

The normal end of the business day here in Kiev is at 6:00pm. Today around 5:30pm we received a phone call from our Facilitator and our Translator. They asked if they could come over and speak with us since they were very close to our apartment....we of course accepted and then began to nervously discuss why they wanted to speak with us in person...

They arrived at about 5:39 and 27 seconds.

BTW our Translator is named Natasha and our Faciltator is named Svetlana.

Well...they told us that we were granted our next appointment.

We will be going back to the State Dept of Adoption (SDA) tomorrow morning at 9:00am!!


Earlier in the day I achieved a personal milestone. I was able to go out and purchase fresh bread all by myself! I have been able to purchase water and McDonald's since we have been here, but I was not sure about the bakery. The lines are more like mobs and when it is your turn you must 'be ready' or they will go to the next person.... I was able to use my size advantage to "box out" the other customers and then used the old POINTING method.
We can now survive indefinitely since I can now obtain, bread, water and McDonald's at anytime.

More later.......thanks for the continued support...

xxooxxoo
Richard and Lisa

2 comments:

Old, Bold and Bald said...

When you get home I would like to compare my pointing ordering at McDs to yours.

K

Julianne said...

This sounds very similar to the things we missed while we were in China...especially our bed. We basically missed food in general! We couldn't believe our luck when we found a Starbucks in our last city. Thankfully we were were only gone for about 16 days...probably only half as long as you will be. We'll be praying for you guys. Wonder how much it would cost to ship those sandwiches from Jersey Mikes...;o)