Sunday, May 27, 2012

Growing up!

As I write this entry our little boy has about two and have days of school left before finishing Kindergarten!  Hard to believe. We have been so blessed the past two years to be at his current school.  His teachers have been amazing, as well as the rest of the staff and students.  EVERYONE loves on him so much each and everyday...which makes it so hard to switch schools...Depending on our living location, he is scheduled to attend one of two new schools next year when he begins 1st Grade. Since the program he needs to get additional help is not offered at his current school....we must change schools for the second time in three years.

Although he is not quite yet on grade level, he has made SO much progress since we brought him home in April of 2009.  He continues to amaze us on a daily basis with his actions, his words and just how dang cute he can be....  We have told him about the new school next year, but we are pretty sure it has not sunk in just yet.  When one of the teachers recently told him, "I sure am going to miss you next year," his reply was, "Where are you going?"

In other news...

One of his favorite songs right now is the 80's classic, "Rock Me Amadeus," but when he listens to it, instead of hearing, "rock me Amadeus," he hears, "days on the bounce."  If you go right now and listen to it again, while thinking, 'days on the bounce,' I promise you will hear it too...go ahead, I'll wait.........



...........................See?  I told ya!  

So now, when he wants to hear that song, he says, " I want days on the bounce please.." 

When Lisa was recently volunteering at his school during Field Day.....

(when the whole school plays and competes in sporting activities)...... 

One of the things they had for the younger kids was a Hippity Hop, which he had never seen before...


So when he first sees the kids playing on them he says, "Mommy look!  Days on the bounce for real!"

And finally...

Two days ago when we were at the pool, I starting singing one of his other favorite songs, "I Gotta Feeling" by those fine, fine 'musicians' the Black Eyed Peas.  He calls that one "the night song" because they say 'tonight's gonna be a good night," and 150 times....anyway....when I started singing the beginning part he said to me, "Hey Daddy, stop singing!"  When I asked him why he said, "I can't hear myself swim."  I apologized and stopped singing immediately...

Happy Memorial Day!!

No comments: