Tuesday, August 30, 2011

What are they teaching at that school??

Since the middle of last week, his first week of Kindergarten, Nicholas has been repeating things and telling us about things that have gone on in the classroom....a truly amazing time for Lisa and I. We are witnessing the blossoming of our little boy right before our eyes. I really wish I could go and observe him in class one day, but as Lisa found out, that is not the best idea.... Lisa volunteered to be one of the Room Mothers for his class. She went to the school yesterday and as soon she was spotted, he proceeded to clamp down on her leg so she couldn't 'get away.'

"I want to keep you. I want you to stay in class," he said while constricting Mommy's leg.
As his teacher slowly peeled him off of her leg,
Lisa offered to get some "frozen ice cream yogurt" after school.

Today he said to me, "You're famous." To which I replied, "You think I am famous?" Then he said, "I want to famous artist.....someday." I of course gave the proper parent answer of, "You can be anything you want!" :-)


Nicholas, you continue to brighten our lives each and everyday. Your Mother and I promise to always keep you safe, happy and healthy. We love you so very, very much and look forward to walking by your side as you grow older.







No comments: