Friday, May 14, 2010

The Frog and the Bus

May 3, 2010.....when I came home from work, Nicholas told me he got to touch a frog at school. Lisa then told me that Nicholas nearly "touched" the frog to death with his iron grip and uncertainty of the powerfulness of his squeezing ability. Luckily Lisa was able to rescue the frog before it was too late. Nicholas also told me that frogs eat "CRICKETS." He later tried to convince me that Nicholas eats crickets too, but I didn't fall for it.
May 4, 2010....Nicholas took the school bus to school for the first time! Since he currently goes to school each day from 11:55 am to 2:55 pm, the bus picks him up around 11:20am. At 11:14 and 38 seconds, Lisa went outside with Nicholas to wait for the bus. She told him that he would be taking a bus to school and the she would pick him up, as usual, after school. As the bus approached the house Nicholas began saying, "Is that? Is that? Is that?" (His version of 'What is that?) When Lisa told him it was his school bus, he responded...."On it, on it, Nicholas." Needless to say, he was very excited to be going on the bus.


Last week I had the day off and was hoping to get a picture of Nicholas boarding the bus...here he is ready to go outside to wait for the bus.




Here he is walking around with Mommy in our front yard......but, as luck would have it...through various mix-ups, the bus did not show up so we had to take him to school. He was disappointed and I was denied a photo opportunity. Maybe next time...









No comments: