Saturday, May 16, 2009

What's going on??

Nicholas has been racking up the "first time I ever" moments...

Last week he got his first hair cut, went in his first swimming pool, played with Playdough for the first time, saw his Daddy play the drums for the first time and heard his first song by Wang Chung!

"They grow up so fast," is starting to make sense to me now. I can see changes in Nicholas nearly every day, especially on the weekends when I get to spend the whole day with him. During the past two weeks I have been back to work so I only get to see him for a few hours before he goes to bed Monday through Friday.

He seems to be picking up more and more English words. We recently were given some wonderful books (thank you to family and friends!) with wonderful pictures and words. This morning Nicholas got one of his books on his own, sat down on the couch and then motioned for me to sit next to him. We sat together for about 15 minutes looking at his book. I said the words aloud and he would try to repeat them...it was my first "real Dad" kind of moment.

Several times in the past week or so I have come home from work to have Lisa tell me the "word of the day." Lisa is doing a wonderful job in her new role as "Momma." She has been teaching him words each day when she is not chasing him around! He now says.....please, belly, turtle, monkey, outside, bicycle, truck, hot and peaches!!

Lisa and I have also been very blessed recently by family and friends. We continue to receive gifts! Lisa had a baby shower today with some friends in our neighborhood (while Nicholas and I did guy stuff like buying stuff at Lowe's), we received a wonderful array of gifts from my Aunt and Uncle in Connecticut, some gift cards from my siblings, a gift box from my parents, a large bag of hot wheel tracks from a woman I work with and diaper genie from another friend from work! Speaking of work.....my office is throwing us a baby shower at the end of this month and on Friday we received some clothes from another friend from work. He came by, while still on vacation, with his wife and daughter with two boxes of new "stylin" clothes....Lisa and I have quickly realized that Nicholas will be dressing much better than we do...... :-)




And now some photos!

First time at the pool....
















First time with Playdough! I can't believe it still smells exactly the same as did when I was a kid...












Part of his new ensemble from Gymboreeeeee. Thanks to Alan and his family!










Part of the hot wheel tracks he got!
Thanks to the Kennard Boys!!








BONUS PHOTO....
This is a cool looking green snake on our back fence...we get lots of critters out here in Lantana....

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Ewwwwwwwww on the snake! I love the pictures. It looks like Nicholas is settling in and adjusting very well. We are so happy for you guys! And yes...you will see that he will be dressing much nicer than you and Lisa! Lily's wardrobe puts us to shame.:o)